If you are a heavy data user or you regularly travel to other countries or even to locations where there’s poor internet access, then you can’t go wrong with an Airtel mifi.
It is no doubt that the Airtel Mifi device can help you stay connected on the go.
We are going to look at what a Mifi is, its specs, how much it costs and, lots more
Table of Content
- What is Airtel MiFi
- How much is the Airtel 4G Mifi in Nigeria
- Airtel 4G Wifi specifications
- How fast is the Airtel Pocket Wifi
- How to setup and configure your Mifi
- How to change my Airtel 4G Mifi password
- How many people can connect to Mifi Hotspot
- Airtel Pocket Wifi Data plans and how to subscribe
- How to Check Mifi data balance
- Can any SIM work on Airtel 4G MiFi? and so much more!
What Is Airtel Mifi?
The Airtel Mifi, also known as pocket WiFi, is a small and portable router that uses Wi-Fi technology, enabling internet connectivity just like a mobile hotspot.
It is small and light enough to fit into your pocket.
The Airtel pocket wifi can provide wireless connectivity to your many gadgets like computers, phones, tablets, etc., and it also permits multiple users at the same time.
How Much Is The Airtel Mifi
The Airtel 4G Mifi device officially goes for ₦7,500. However, it might be sold at a higher price depending on your location.
Currently, you can get it when you work into any Airtel Outlet near you or simply order it online on Jumia NG
To get a better understanding of the Airtel 4G LTE MiFi let’s see some of its specifications that make it unique and one of the very best out there.
Airtel 4G Mifi Specifications
The pocket WiFi which is made in three colors of Black, Red, and White comes with a 4G network, but it can also work on a 3G network in areas where 4G isn’t available.
Below are its specs:
- It comes with a free Airtel SIM card
- It has a WiFi & LTE network
- Supports LTE 4G / 3G / 2G
- The battery of 3.7V with a capacity of 3000mAh, having up to 8 hours of battery life.
- Supports Wi-Fi 2.4GHz
- Weight of 103g with dimensions of 106mm * 58mm * 15.8mm
- Has ane SIM Slot and one Micro-USB slot
- Can connect up to 10 WiFi-enabled devices at once.
- Comes with a WPS push button for ease of connection.
Note: The Airtel Pocket Mifi comes with free 5GB data which is valid for 30 days. Moreover, you also have the opportunity to enjoy a 100% bonus monthly for 6 months on recharges of N5,000- N15,000 bundles.
How Fast Is The Airtel 4G Mifi
The Airtel 4G Mifi uses a 4G speed which implies that it can go as high as 30Mbps in download speed and 10Mbps in upload speed in Nigeria.
Looking at its specifications, Airtel 4G Mifi is indeed fast enough.
Your Mifi Airtel may not work properly if you don’t know how to set it up. The internet speed may even be slower because of configuration issues.
Thus, in order to ensure that your Mifi is working correctly, let’s discuss how to configure and set up your Airtel 4G wifi.
How To Setup And Configure Your Airtel 4G Mifi
To be able to configure your Mifi, you’ll need to log in to the Airtel router.
Below is how to log in to your Airtel router by using the IP address of the device.
But First, connect the Mifi device to any LAN or wireless network.
This is necessary to check the configuration page of the router, internet access is a necessity.
Once you are connected do the following:
- Open your web browser using your mobile phone, tablet, or laptop.
- Enter your Mifi’s login URL or default IP address in the search box.
Note: Your Airtel 4G Mifi’s login URL or default IP address can easily be seen on the pack of the device. Moreover, Airtel Pocket Mifi’s default IP address is 192.168.1.1
Once you’re redirected to the login page of the Airtel router settings, fill in the provided spaces using the following default details (if you’ve not logged in before):
Note: This login info can also be found at the pack of the device.
- Airtel router Username: admin
- Airtel router password: password
In order to configure your Airtel 4G Mifi, once you’ve logged in, on entering the homepage, click on the settings option.
With that, you can then you can able to configure your Airtel 4G Mifi.
But wait, do you know how to change your pocket WiFi password? Then, let’s discuss how you can go about it. It isn’t hard at all.
How To Change My Airtel Mifi Password
Updating or changing your Mifi password is more than necessary.
Of course, the default password and username are already known to almost everyone.
Thus, not changing your login credentials may put you in shoes that you shouldn’t be wearing ordinarily. Then, how can you change your password?
Follow the procedures previously outlined above to log in to your Airtel router.
Once you’ve logged in and been redirected to the home page, go to the settings and account page.
- Navigate to the Maintenance section and click on “Password”
- Select the username
- Click on the “modify” button to change the username
- Now type in the old and new passwords, and confirm.
- Finally, save the settings and that’s all.
However, if you wish to change your Wi-Fi name and password:
- Navigate to Setup
- Select “WLAN” from the menu
- Then click on “Basic”. You’ll now be redirected to the wireless basic settings page.
- On this page, change the SSID name to your preferred Wifi username.
- Click on the “apply changes” button
- Then, navigate to Setup
- Click on WLAN and select Security
- Change the pre-shared key to your desired Wi-Fi password and then click on “apply changes” and that’s all.
How Many People Can Connect To Airtel Mifi Hotspot
The latest Airtel 4G Mifi devices can connect up to 10 Wi-Fi-enabled devices at once.
So you can connect your smartphone or tablet, with your PC or laptop, and you can also authorize others to connect.
Airtel 4G Mifi Data Plans And How To Subscribe
Ultra N10,000— 40GB + 250MB daily upon exhausting the main bundle
Ultra N15,000— 75GB + 500MB daily upon exhausting the main bundle
Ultra N20,000— 120GB + 1GB daily upon exhausting the main bundle
N.B These plans are only valid for 30 days, but you can roll over unused data (unused bonus cannot roll over).
Other Airtel Wifi plans
N.B All the aforementioned plans are valid for 30 days.
N50,000 400GB (valid for 90 days)
N60,000 500GB (valid for 120 days)
N100,000 1TB (valid for 1 year).
How To subscribe to an Airtel Mifi data plan:
- Dial *370# on your smartphone via your Airtel phone number
- Select 2 (Buy Router/Mifi plan)
- On the next prompt, choose whether to buy from your airtime or bank by selecting options 1 or 2, respectively.
You can also activate your desired Mifi plan via a web browser by:
- typing airtel.com.ng/HBB via a web browser.
Moreover, visiting the nearest Airtel store is also a great option.
How To Check Airtel 4G Wifi Data Balance
Of course, you must keep track of your data to avoid being cut off while accessing the internet.
To check your Mifi balance:
- Dial *370# using your Airtel phone number.
- Select 3 (Check Data Balance) and that’s it.
Can Any Sim Work On Airtel Mifi?
Yes, another SIM card can work on pocket WiFi but to be able to use it, you’ll have to register the SIM as an alternative.
So, how do you register?
- Using your web browser, visit https://airtel.com.ng/broadband/#/user/register
- Click on “register”
- insert your WiFi (Mifi) number in the provided space. The Wifi number is your Airtel 4G Mifi number which can be found on the back side of the device.
- Enter the mobile number you wish to register. A 6-digit password will be sent to it in order to proceed.
- Input your email address too and you’re all set to use another SIM on your Airtel 4G Mifi.
- Airtel Data Plan, Prices & Subscription Codes
- 5 Ways To Check Airtel Data Balance (2023)
- How To Check BVN on MTN, Airtel, Glo & 9Mobile (2023)
- 3 Best Ways To Contact Airtel Customer Care 2023
To be able to utilize the full potential of your Mifi device, you’ll need to know so much about the device, especially how to configure it or how to buy its data bundle.
In all, we firmly believe that this article has fed you with the needed information and every other thing you need to know about Airtel Mifi and how to set it up.
BE A SMART SHOPPER
Get An Exclusive Coupons And Deal Digest In Your Inbox
Thank you for subscribing. Redirecting you to coupon offers
Something went wrong.