The glare from other car headlight can cause few seconds blindness while driving at night, so it is recommended that we protect our eyes with best night driving glasses at all time.
It does not matter if you are experience or new driver; those with sensitive eyes need to protect it.
These night glasses, their lenses comes with anti glare equipped with a tinted yellowish hue that protects your eyes from the excessive light that may blind you while driving at night.
It also help filter out the glare you experience during night driving as well as increase visual definition during overcast or rainy weather conditions.
Night glasses protect your eyes from UV radiation that can cause cataracts and retinal damage, as well as scattered blue light that has been linked to macular degeneration.
Statistically, more accidents happen at night than in the daylight for drivers of all ages.
Wearing night driving glasses can help by reducing glare from oncoming traffic.
Our list of best night driving glasses in Nigeria not only protect your eyes but also add on your fashion.
Here are the best night driving glasses in 2019
1. Unisex Night Driving Glass
This is one of the best night driving glasses because it have all the right features that you would expect.
The lenses are yellow tinted to filter out any harmful blue light produced by an oncoming vehicle LED lights.
The polarized night driving glasses help reduce the glare for more comfortable night time driving.
Features and Benefit of Unisex Night Driving Glass
- Elegant ornate classical avant-garde personality
- Reduce headaches and eye strain;
- It has excellent UV protection, anti-glare, anti-reflective, anti-fatigue, scratch proof
- Perfect aid for driving at night/rainy day,/foggy/long travel;
- Increase safety factor of driving, reduce car accident.
2. The Anti Glare & Anti Wind Night Glass
Whether you are racing a car or riding a motorcycle safety is critical. You ought to avoid anything that could cause an accident.
Enhancing your night vision could be one of the steps you should take if you care about your safety and that of others.
This Anti Glare & Anti Wind night vision glass is one of the best night driving glass that you’ve always needed.
The comfort and durability that they offer give them a plus. They can be worn anywhere and at any time for your outdoor activities without leaving headaches behind.
The shape design is also a plus for wind protection
Key features The Anti Glare & Anti Wind Night Glass
- Made of durable plastic material, light weight and easy to carry.
- Night vision design enhances visual.
- Ideal for night driving
- Specs are great at keeping wind and debris out of your eyes.
- Safe & reliable with UV protection
3. Eagles Eyes Night Driving Glasses
This is one of the best night glasses on Jumia. It is stylish and beautifully looking when worn.
They are aesthetically pleasing, durable and offer visual comfort which makes them worth spending on.
The Eagles Eyes Night Glass make driving at night easier and more comfortable
Though it is non-polarized, its lenses comes with Anti-Reflective (anti-glare) coating to filter out headlight, street light, and illuminated billboard glare.
Features and Benefits Eagles Eyes Night Glass
- They have micro-infused yellow lenses.
- Anti-glare coating
- Reduce headaches and eye strain
- Scratch proof
- Perfect aid for driving at night/rainy day,/foggy/long travel
- Stylish, Great for night and day
4. Aoron Night Vision Glasses
Night driving, especially in areas not well lit, can be challenging. This Aoron Night glass can actually brighten the night allowing you to see more objects and much clearer definition.
If you do drive at night – these are for you. Nice quality and the design looks great.
This glass can be worn indoors by light-sensitive people, including post-cataract surgery patients and those continually exposed to bright light through windows.
Infact, Aoron night glasses are one of the best night driving glasses because they have all the right features that you would expect.
Reasons Why You Might Need Night Driving Glasses
- When You Experience Blurred Vision or you have difficulty seeing the street signs
- You Experience Eye Fatigue. This happens usually when the muscles of the eye strain and work very hard to focus on something close – like reading article on blue light for long. It can cause headaches, eyelid twitching, burning or watery eyes, and sometimes difficulty concentrating.
- When you have Myopia, a nearsightedness. Even with vision correction, nearsighted people may find it is worse when their pupils dilate in the dark.
- You want to protect your eyes from future damage. Night driving glasses help reduce the glare and increase the contrast, which in turn help you see clearly and protect any damage in the long run.
- We’re just built that way. In humans, nighttime vision differs from daytime vision. In darkness, visual acuity is poor and our eyes can see only a fraction of what they see in daylight, so human vision is naturally poorer at night.
- Age factor. As we get older, the lens in the eye becomes less clear and grows cloudy, making it increasingly difficult to see in lower light conditions. The pupil, which allows light to enter, begins to shrink and dilate less, causing less light to enter the retina. As if that weren’t bad enough, our peripheral vision diminishes as well as our ability to see moving objects.
- Night blindness. While it may sound like it, night blindness is not a complete lack of vision at night but a lower-than-average ability to see at night or in low light. It is not a disorder in itself, but rather a symptom of an underlying condition. Things like cataracts, macular degeneration, certain genetic disorders, or a vitamin A deficiency can cause night blindness.
How Can I Improve My Night Vision For Driving?
It is often suggested to drivers to look slightly away from oncoming headlights. While this may work for a short time, it is not a permanent solution. In the end, many people just avoid driving at night to be safe and avoid an accident.
Not a good nor convenient option for most of us so here are some tips for better night driving.
- Take eye health seriously.
First and foremost, we should maintain good eye health. We can’t stop our eyes from aging but we can make sure we get our eyes checked regularly by a doctor so any eye conditions can be treated and monitored. In addition, the advice we hear for pretty much everything these days – good nutrition, exercise, and overall healthy habits – apply to eye health as well.
- Wear night vision glasses for driving:
Night driving glasses can help to reduce the glare at night and enable better night vision.
- Maintain your car.
It may sound like a no-brainer but making sure your windshield, mirrors and windows are clean will go a long way to helping you see better at night. Dirt and debris scatter light particles making conditions seem darker than they are. If you can, it is also helpful to dim your dashboard and interior lights to reduce reflections.
- Be a responsible driver
Following too closely is never a good idea but it should definitely be avoided at night and when the weather is bad. Not only is your own vision worse at night so stopping time may be increased, the closer you are, the brighter your headlights are for the other driver. Oh and mind the high beams, they can cause temporary blindness in oncoming drivers who aren’t wearing night driving glasses.
- Take regular breaks
Most of us are guilty of wanting to get where we’re going as quickly as possible. But it’s always advisable to take regular breaks. This especially applies when traveling long distances, especially overnight. Stop for a rest at least every two hours to avoid eye fatigue and drowsiness. Singing, rolling the windows down, and eating your weight in candy will only go so far in keeping you alert. Better to stop for a rest and some fresh air instead.
If you want to feel comfortable driving at night yet look stylish, then these are the glasses for you.
These glasses not only offer the clear vision while driving but also add on your fashion.
Also, Just because this list of best night driving glasses have “night” in their title does not mean they are not useful during the day as well.
The same types of light patterns that cause glare at night also affect you during the day generally with more frequency since there is more light. You simply may not notice quite as much because the darkness allows glare to seem brighter by contrast.
Different night glasses come equipped with various features, but all their extra features amount to less than nothing if the lenses have poor glare reduction. This is why we have pick the best for you.
Feel free to buy any of the above listed night driving glasses.
If you enjoy this article, don’t forget to share and comment below