There are quite a number of reasons why you may want to learn how to cancel order on Jumia.
It could be to cancel an unplanned order or possibly a change of mind, quality and price compared to other same products might also influence the decision.
However, whatsoever it is, one thing is certain, you simply no longer want the product.
Usually, once you don’t need an item, you can simply login into your account and cancel the order in the order section but due to high volume and sometimes machine learning complications, the order might refuse to be cancelled just as shown below.
Here in this guide, I will put you through all possible ways you can cancel an order:
Table of Contents
- Log in to your Jumia account
- Click on Where Your Name Appeared At The Top Right Corner
- Click on ORDERS In The Drop-down Menu
- Click on SEE DETAILS To The Right of The Item
- Click on CANCEL ITEM
- Select a Reason Then SUBMIT
- Check Your Order Section or Email
How To Cancel Order On Jumia
To cancel your Jumia Order Online, please follow the simple steps below:
1. Log in to your Jumia account
To be able to cancel an order on Jumia, then you must have been an existing Jumia customer and have ordered a product.
Simply login to your Jumia account to get stated
2. Click on Where Your Name Appeared At The Top Right Corner
Once you logged into your account at the top right corner where your name appeared, click on it and scroll to ORDER
3. Click on ORDERS in the Drop-down Menu
In the drop -down menu where your name appeared is a button called “ORDERS” click on it to take you to next step
4. Click on SEE DETAILS to the right of the item
On the order page are list of all the products you have bought as well as those you ordered but yet to be delivered
Click on the SEE DETAILS of the particular product you want to cancel
Upon clicking on the SEE DETAILS, you will be directed to the product page with the option to CANCEL ITEM Or TRACK MY ITEM as shown below
5. Click on CANCEL ITEM
To proceed with the cancellation, click on the CANCEL ITEM and you will be directed to a page where you will be asked to state a reason as show above
6. Select a Reason Then SUBMIT
Select a possible reason for the cancellation from the drop down menu and submit.
7. Check Your Order Section or Email to Ensure The Cancellation Was Successful
If the cancellation was successful, Jumia will send an email confirming that.
Or check your order section to see if the cancel order has been move to CLOSED ORDERS as shown below
If your method of payment is Cash on Delivery, then you have nothing to worry as you will not be paying anything, however, in an instance where your method of payment is prepaid and your ordered item already paid before deciding to cancel the order, Jumia.com will automatically reverse the money to your JumiaPay account wallet.
Although some time, it might take 1-4 business days for the money to reflect in your JumiaPay wallet from which you can withdraw to your local bank.
If for any reason, further details are needed, they will contact you.
NOTE: Cancellation is possible only before your order is shipped. Once the order is shipped, you can’t cancel the order through the website order section.
However, if all possible means to cancel your order through the order section on Jumia fails, you can do so by contacting them through Live Chat, Call or by Rejecting the order once contacted by the delivery agent.
How To Cancel Order On Jumia Through Live Chat
- Log in to your Jumia account
- Go to the contact section
- Click on “Need Help” in the top right corner of the Jumia Contact (This will only appear if you’re logged in)
- Click on LIVE CHAT in the drop-down menu and it will toggle the chat boot
- Follow through the chatbot robot until it connect you with an agent that will help with cancellation request
- That is all, you are done.
Note : Always ensure before you contact Jumia for Order Cancellation you have the Order Number at hand because that is what they will use to track the particular product.
How To Locate Your Jumia Product Order No.
Order Number is a unique figure peculiar only to a particular product.
It usually consist of numbers which can be use to identify a product across Jumia website
Once you order for an item, Order Number is automatically generated for that product
For example, the Order Number for the LG K51 phone case below is the one circled
Below is how you identify a Product Order Number On Jumia
- Login to your Jumia account
- Click on My Account in the top right corner
- Click on Orders in the drop-down menu
- Click on SEE DETAILS to the right of the item
- At the top is the Order Number of the product
- Highlight and Copy
How To Verify If The Order Has Been Cancelled
After you are able to successfully process the order cancellation request, a message will be sent to the e-mail address on your account.
You can also confirm that the order was cancelled by
- Login into your account
- Go to my order page.
- Click on the CLOSED ORDER section. If you see the order in the Closed Order section, then that means the cancellation order was successfully cancelled.
- How To Order On Jumia 2023 And Get It Delivered To You
- 4 Major Ways You Can Contact Jumia Customer Care
- Jumia Black Friday 2023 : What Deals To Expect This Season
- 7 Hacks You Can Leverage To Save More at Jumia Nigeria
Verdict on How To Cancel An Order On Jumia
Cancelling an order on Jumia is not a crime as long as you play within Jumia Terms and Conditions.
However, it is highly advisable you order only for what you need to buy after thorough research.
Some time to cancel an order might pose difficulty especially during Jumia events like Black Friday, Anniversary sales, Jumia Tech Week, Ramadan Sales, Christmas sales etc because of the volume of orders.
Notwithstanding, if you face any challenge, you can go through this epic guide above to solve your order cancellation concern without stress.
If you like this guide on How to Cancel Order On Jumia, don’t forget to share and comment below
BE A SMART SHOPPER
Get An Exclusive Coupons And Deal Digest In Your Inbox
Thank you for subscribing. Redirecting you to coupon offers
Something went wrong.