Do you want to learn how to transfer airtime on MTN Nigeria? you are at the right place.
In this ultimate guide, you will learn the top 3 ways you can use to share airtime on MTN anytime you so desire from the comfort of your phone.
MTN is no doubt a top telecommunication company in Nigeria that is loved by many because of its flexibility, uninterrupted network, wider coverage, cheap rate, and customer care.
They have features that allow their users to transfer airtime credits to any other MTN users called MTN Share
MTN Share, formerly known as MTN Share “N” Sell is a service that allows MTN subscribers to transfer and share airtime credit from one MTN user to another.
Whatever your reason is for wanting to share airtime on MTN, you can achieve that through these top 3 ways.
This opportunity to share airtime on MTN is available to all new and existing prepaid and postpaid customers on the MTN network for free.
You can share between 50 Naira to 5,000 in a single transaction and up to 100,000 Naira daily.
However, before you can transfer airtime on MTN Nigeria, you must change the default PIN.
Table of Contents
- What Is The Default Pin For MTN Transfer
- How To Get MTN Transfer Pin
- How To Retrieve MTN Transfer Pin
- 3 Ways On How To Transfer Airtime On MTN (2023)
What Is The Default Pin For MTN Transfer
The default pin for MTN transfer is 0000. But for you to enjoy the MTN Share service, you need to change or reset this MTN transfer pin to your own personal pin that you can remember.
How To Get MTN Transfer Pin
All MTN users have the same default PIN number, which is 0000.
It is impossible to share airtime using this default PIN code.
Anyone who wishes to transfer airtime from MTN has to change their MTN default code.
Here Are The Steps You Need To Get MTN Transfer Pin
- Using SMS
Text your Default PIN Number, New PIN, New PIN to 777. For example, send an SMS with ‘0000 9234 9234’ to 777. This entails that 9234 is the new pin
- Using USSD Code
Dial *777*Default PIN*New PIN* New PIN# and send. For example, dial *777*0000*9234*9234# and then send/OK. The code 9234 will now be your new PIN
Immediately after the default MTN Share PIN is changed using any of the options above, you will receive an SMS informing you that your PIN was changed successfully.
How To Retrieve MTN Transfer Pin 2023
To Retrieve your forgotten MTN transfer pin, you can do this either way
- Call customer care on 300, wait to be connected, and tell them the reason for calling. They will ask you a few questions and direct you on what to do. Usually, before 24 hours you’ll get your new MTN transfer pin
- Text “YES” to 556. MTN will send you a message welcoming you to MTN share and declaring that your default new pin is 0000. Reply to the number 556 with the default pin and new pin e.g 0000 9234 9234 and send it to 556. This entails that 9234 is your new PIN. Afterward, you will receive a message that your pin has been reset
3 Ways On How To Transfer Airtime On MTN (2023)
To transfer MTN Airtime, you require a PIN, and just like we have seen how to get one above, the next stage will be to transfer airtime.
To transfer Airtime on MTN, this can be done using any of the following methods
1. How To Transfer Airtime Using SMS
To use the SMS feature to transfer airtime, you will need to open your message box and type Transfer, Recipient’s Number, Amount, and PIN to 777.
For example, if you want to transfer airtime to 08062234569, you can send an SMS with ‘Transfer 08062234569 1500 9234’ to 777.
Upon sending this message, you will receive an SMS asking you to confirm that you want to make the transfer by sending an SMS with ‘YES’ to 777.
2. How To Transfer Airtime Using USSD Code
Dial *777*Recipient’s Number*Amount*PIN# on your phone and then click on send/press OK. For example, dial*777*08062234569*1500*1234# and then send/OK.
When the transfer has been completed, you will receive a message informing you that the transfer was successful.
3. How To Transfer Airtime Using MTN App
Sharing airtime using the MTN App is very easy. Follow the step process below
- Go to the Google Play store or iOS for iPhone and Download MTN App
- Sign up by following the step process
- Once you login into MTN App, Scroll Down To “Quick Access”
- Click on “Share Airtime”
- Enter the Phone Number of the person you want to share airtime credit with
- Enter Your Share Pin
- Enter Amount
- Confirm Transaction and Click Proceed to send
MTN Share Terms & Conditions
To get started with MTN share, here are some things to take into consideration for all postpaid and prepaid customers.
- To transfer airtime on MTN Nigeria can only be done in Naira amounts and not in kobo, i.e. you can transfer NGN61.00 but not NGN61.99.
- You can only transfer between NGN 50.00 – NGN 5,000.00 in a single transaction.
- As an MTN customer, you can transfer up to NGN 100,000.00 in a day but in multiple transactions or to different MTN accounts every day.
- There is no limit to the maximum number of transactions per day as long as you don’t exceed the daily limit of NGN100,000
- For an MTN prepaid account, you need to have airtime credit before you will be able to transfer airtime otherwise, the transaction will not be completed and you will receive an error message.
- For MTN postpaid customers, you will only be able to transfer airtime when your account is positive. You will not be able to transfer airtime when your account is negative (-). For example, if your account balance is N-300.00. You will not be able to use MTN Share. On the other hand, if your account balance is N1,000.00 you will be able to transfer airtime up to the available N1,000.00 in your account.
- 6 Ways On How To Check MTN Data Balance (2023)
- How To Check MTN Numbers: Top 7 Ways (2023)
- 7 Ways On How To Contact MTN Customer Care
- How to check BVN on MTN, Airtel, Glo & 9Mobile (Ultimate Guide)
Verdict On How To Share Airtime On MTN
Learning how to transfer airtime on MTN is no doubt necessary because of any emergency situation. You or your friend might run short of airtime. Leveraging any of the methods above can help you know how to transfer airtime to your fellow MTN user.
However, to get started, you will need to change the default transfer code by simply leveraging any of either sms or dialing a code. Whichever seems suitable is fine.
What is your current favorite way of transferring MTN Airtime?
BE A SMART SHOPPER
Get An Exclusive Coupons And Deal Digest In Your Inbox
Thank you for subscribing. Redirecting you to coupon offers
Something went wrong.