If you need to execute quick banking transactions on the go, then you can’t go wrong leveraging the Ecobank transfer code
Ecobank, one of the leading financial institutions in Nigeria and across Africa, recognizes the need for seamless banking experiences and has introduced a range of transfer codes to cater to the diverse needs of its customers.
These Ecobank USSD code provide customers with a simple and efficient way to access banking services using their mobile phones.
In this resource guide, we present a comprehensive list of Eco bank USSD codes, offering an overview of the various codes and the services they provide.
Whether you’re looking to transfer funds, check your account balance, or perform other essential banking functions, this list will serve as a valuable resource to navigate and make the most of Ecobank’s transfer code offerings.
Let’s explore the convenience and power of Ecobank’s transfer codes, empowering you with greater control over your financial transactions.
Table of Contents
- What is Ecobank USSD Code
- List of All Ecobank Transfer Codes
- Ecobank USSD Code for Other African Countries
- How to Activate Ecobank Transfer Code
- How To Transfer Money Using Ecobank USSD Code
- Eco Bank USSD Code To Block Account
- How to Use Ecobank Transfer Code For Various Transactions
What is Ecobank USSD Code
The Ecobank USSD code is a short code service provided by Ecobank that allows customers to perform various banking transactions using their mobile phones without the need for an internet connection.
The official USSD code for Ecobank in Nigeria is *326#, and it can be used to access a range of services such as fund transfers, airtime and data purchase, bill payments, and more quickly, securely, and conveniently.
List of All Ecobank Transfer Codes
|Activate Ecobank USSD code||*326#, select Create a PIN and follow the on-screen prompts to register.|
|Check Account Balance||*326*0#|
|Transfer to Ecobank Account||*326*Amount*Nuban Account Number#|
|Transfer to Other Bank Account||*326*2*Amount*Nuban Account Number#|
|Airtime Top-Up for Self||*326*Amount#|
|Airtime Top-Up for Others||*326*Amount*Phonenumber#|
|Data Purchase||*326# > Select the option to buy data|
|Account Opening||*326#> Select the option to open an account|
|Pay Bills||*326# > Select the option to pay the bill|
|Hotlist ATM Card||*326# > Select the option to manage the card|
|Block Ecobank USSD mobile banking||*326*911#|
Ecobank USSD Code for Other African Countries
How To Activate Ecobank Transfer Code
In order to be able to transfer money using the Eco Bank USSD code, you will need to have an active Ecobank account, an ATM Debit card or an active mobile app, and the phone number linked to your bank account.
To get started, follow the steps below
- Dial the official Ecobank USSD code *326# on your Ecobank registered phone
- Select 2 to create your PIN
- Input your Ecobank account number
- Enter the last 4 digits of your ATM card number
- Enter the 4-digit PIN of the ATM Debit card.
- Then, create a new 6-digit PIN and confirm it
- However, you can use your existing 6-digit pin used on Mobile App if you already have one.
- If you have followed the registration process correctly, you will receive a confirmation message indicating that your registration was successful.
- You can now start using the Ecobank USSD code for various banking transactions.
It’s important to note that the exact process may vary depending on your country as Ecobank is a Pan African Bank and the specific USSD service offered may differ
However, If you encounter any difficulties or have specific questions, it’s recommended to contact Ecobank’s customer service or visit your nearest Ecobank branch for assistance.
How To Transfer Money Using Ecobank USSD Code
- Dialed the code *326# with the phone number linked to your Ecobank account
- Select the “transfer funds” option
- Select the bank
- Enter the recipient’s 10-digit account number.
- the recipient’s name will be displayed
- Confirm the account name and number are correct
- Enter your PIN and follow the onscreen
NOTE: If the name displayed for the transaction is different, cancel the transaction and start again. You will be charged a fee of N52 Naira on every transfer you make from your Ecobank account to other banks.
Eco Bank USSD Code To Block Account
To block your Ecobank account via the USSD code
- Simply dial *966*911# from any Mobile device, MTN, 9Mobile, Airtel or Glo
- Follow the on-screen instructions to enter your number
- A message of success will be displayed
To activate it again, you will need to visit your bank
How To Use Ecobank Transfer Code For Various Transactions
Ecobank transfer codes allow you to perform lots of banking transactions quickly and conveniently including the ability to register, activate, transfer funds, and lots more
By following these steps, you can leverage Ecobank transfer code to access a wide range of banking services conveniently, anytime, and anywhere using your mobile phone.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to use Ecobank transfer code for different transactions:
Open An Xpress Account
If you do not have an account with Ecobank, you may not be able to enjoy their USSD code service
To get started, you will need to open an account and then activate
To Open an Ecobank Xpress account, follow the steps below:
- Dial *326# on any mobile phone (Smart or Basic Phone)
- Go to the menu option 1 -Open the Xpress account
- Agree with their terms
- Input your name and the necessary data and proceed
- If registration is successful, you will be sent a message with your account number
- You will also receive a message with a one-time password (OTP) of six (6) digits which can be changed to your desired pin
You can now deposit money in your Xpress Account and request a debit card to enjoy the freedom of making payments in the shop, online, and withdrawing cash from the ATM
Register Ecobank Transfer Code
If you haven’t opened an Ecobank account, you will need to do that first before you will be able to activate your accessing this service.
- Dial the official Ecobank USSD code *326#
- Select 2 to create your PIN
- Input your Ecobank account number
- Enter the last 4 digits of your ATM card number and follow the on-screen instructions
To transfer funds to another Ecobank account or an account in another bank using the Ecobank transfer code, follow these steps
- Dial the *326# Ecobank transfer code on your mobile phone.
- Select the option for “Fund Transfer”.
- Select a bank if you are transferring to other banks
- Enter the recipient’s account number
- Specify the amount you wish to transfer.
- Confirm the details and authorize the transaction using your unique PIN
To buy airtime for yourself or someone else using Ecobank transfer code, follow these steps:
- Dial the code *326#
- Choose the option for “Airtime Recharge”
- Select whether you want to recharge your own phone number or another phone number.
- Enter the phone number you wish to recharge.
- Specify the amount
- Confirm the details and authorize the transaction.
You can use the short code, *326*Amount# to buy airtime for yourself or *326*Amount*Phonenumber# to buy airtime for someone
To check your Ecobank account balance using the transfer code, follow these steps:
- Dial the code, *326*0# on your mobile phone
- Follow the onscreen prompts and enter your USSD authorization pin
- Wait for a moment while the system processes your request.
- Your account balance will be displayed on the screen and sent to you via SMS.
Note: you will be charged 20 Naira from your telecom network provider fee every time you use the code to check your account balance in Ecobank.
Ecobank transfer code can also be used to pay bills, such as utility bills or other services. The process may vary depending on the biller, but generally, you would:
- Dial the Ecobank transfer code, *326# on your mobile phone.
- Select the option for “Bill Payment”
- Choose the biller or service provider from the available options.
- Choose the bouquet you would like to pay for
- Enter the bill reference number
- Select the Ecobank account to pay from
- Then follow the onscreen to make the payment
NOTE: Irrespective of the transaction you want to carry out, remember to keep your unique PIN or authentication method secure and not share it with anyone to ensure the safety of your transactions.
Here are some frequently asked questions (FAQs) regarding the transfer code for Ecobank USSD Code:
Q. What is Ecobank USSD Code?
A. Ecobank USSD Code is a service provided by Ecobank that allows customers to access various banking services using a short code on their mobile phones. It provides a convenient and accessible way to perform transactions, check balances, and manage accounts without the need for internet access or visiting a physical branch.
Q. How do I register for Ecobank USSD Code?
A. To register for Ecobank USSD Code, you need to have an Ecobank account, then dial the USSD code *326# on your mobile phone and follow the instructions to register. You will be required to provide your account number and other verification details during the registration process.
Q. What transactions can I perform using Ecobank USSD Code?
A. With Ecobank USSD Code, you can perform a variety of transactions, including checking your account balance, transferring funds to other accounts within Ecobank or other banks, paying bills (such as utility bills or airtime purchases), requesting mini-statements, and updating your personal information.
Q. Is Ecobank USSD Code secure?
A. Yes, Ecobank takes security seriously and implements measures to protect customer information and transactions. USSD banking with Ecobank uses encryption protocols to ensure the confidentiality of your data. However, it’s important to follow best practices, such as not sharing your PIN or personal information with anyone and being cautious while using the service.
Q. Can I use Ecobank USSD Code on any mobile phone?
A. Yes, Ecobank USSD Code can be accessed on any mobile phone, whether it is a smartphone or a basic feature phone. The service is not dependent on the type or operating system of your phone. As long as your mobile device can make calls, you can use the Ecobank USSD Code.
Q. Are there any charges associated with Ecobank USSD Code?
A. Ecobank levies nominal charges for specific transactions performed through the USSD Code. These charges may vary depending on the type and value of the transaction.
Q. What do I do if I encounter any issues or need assistance with Ecobank USSD Code?
A. If you encounter any issues or require assistance with Ecobank USSD Code, you can reach out to Ecobank’s customer support through the communication channels provided by the bank.
- 6 Best Ways To Contact Ecobank Customer Care
- USSD Code For Loans in Nigeria 2023
- Top 10 Fintech Companies in Nigeria
Ecobank Transfer Code, also known as Ecobank USSD Code, offers a range of benefits and convenience to Ecobank customers.
With this service, customers can easily and securely perform various transactions, check account balances, transfer funds, pay bills, and access account information using their mobile phones.
The accessibility and inclusivity of the USSD Code allow customers with both smartphones and basic feature phones to enjoy the convenience of digital banking without the need for internet access.
The service is designed to prioritize security, with encryption protocols in place to protect customer data and transactions.
Additionally, Ecobank USSD Code provides cost-effective banking, as it eliminates the need for internet connectivity charges and offers minimal transaction fees.
Customers can manage their finances more efficiently, receive prompt customer support, and enjoy the flexibility of banking anytime and anywhere.
Overall, Ecobank Transfer Code empowers customers with a user-friendly, secure, and convenient banking experience that enhances their financial management capabilities.
BE A SMART SHOPPER
Get An Exclusive Coupons And Deal Digest In Your Inbox
Thank you for subscribing. Redirecting you to coupon offers
Something went wrong.