Why shop online ?
Why shop online ? is a question that need to be looked into considering the fact that many don’t like shopping online in Nigeria.
Online shopping is the process of buying goods and services from merchants over the Internet.
Since the emergence of the World Wide Web, merchants have sought to sell their products to people who spend time online. Shoppers can visit web stores from the comfort of their homes and shop as they sit in front of the computer.
Consumers can buy a huge variety of items from online stores, and just about anything can be purchased from companies that provide their products online.
Books, clothing, household appliances, toys, hardware, and software are just some of the hundreds of products consumers can buy from an online store.
What Can You Buy Online?
Ever since the emergence of top eCommerce stores in Nigeria, online shopping experience has been taken to another level. Comes with even more convenience than those days, when fear of being ripped off is the order of the day.
Shopping online is not limited to some items, you can purchase almost anything online — starting with groceries and greeting cards to smart phones and software for the cell phones, virtually, everything can be purchased online.
While most people still find it convenient to buy their groceries from the neighborhood shop, many people that eventually shop online are doing so on a limited product.
The issue of trust has been one major challenge in Nigeria, the pay on delivery introduced by many ecommerce stores in Nigeria like Jumia and Konga are making it convenient for many to shop online. Today, many people and corporate as well, are purchasing a variety of services and products online.
Where to Shop Online In Nigeria?
Even though Nigerian are still struggling to get shopping online right, many online stores are working hard to gain the trust of Nigerians. These stores also happen to be the best online shopping stores in Nigeria in terms of service, excellence, coverage and popularity
Most Common Online Shopping Steps:
- Enter the address or URL of a website from where you want to purchase required product (you can search on Google also for different websites available in market with best discounts or offers)
- Browse through the catalog or products mentioned on the website
- Select the product of your choice or as per your requirement (make sure you read all details about that specific product)
- Click on add to cart or buy now option
- Once you added up you product(s) click on next or checkout option (as mentioned on website)
- Enter your billing and shipping address along with e-mail ID and contact number (Billing – your/senders address and shipping – where you need a delivery; both can be same)
- Click on make payment (payment options can be vary from website to website like credit/Debit card, cash on delivery, etc)
- Apply discount coupon, if applicable. And
- Here you go, submit your order.
- Wait for few days as per website’s terms & condition and get you product at your desired address
Why Shop Online ? 6 Reasons Why Nigerians Needs To Start Shopping Online
1. Competitive Prices
Today, there are a number of people who visit physical stores to check a product, its size, quality and other aspects. But very few of them actually make the purchase from these stores. They tend to look for the same product online instead.
The reason being, expectation of a competitive pricing. These customers are commonly known as bargain hunters.
If you can, offer competitive pricing for your products as compared to that at the physical stores. You could also choose to put a few products on every range, on sale to draw the attention of bargain hunters.
For example, Jumia offers a ‘deal of the day’ – in which the pricing of products is considerably low compared to what they would cost in stores. This makes the customers think they are bagging a good deal, and the sense of urgency around the deal, increases the number of conversions.
You can go shopping anytime of the day. This is one more reason that on-line buying is better. You could shop also when the store you should shop at is shut and even if you do not have cash at hand. You can fit it into your schedule easily.
People can shop everywhere, any products they wants, only through clicks from the comfort of their home. They can shop while walking, staying at home, going holiday,…. They can select more products, compare prices, read reviews, to make smarter choice. This freedom draws a lots of shoppers online.
3. Ability to compare prices
Moving from one brand store to another can be really tedious. On the other hand, switching sites to compare prices of products from different brands is a lot easier.
4. Saving a lot of time
Traveling to stores that aren’t close by just because you want to purchase from a certain brand, can be a put off. That is the reason why most customers seek to online stores instead. The ability to browse through the products and purchase what they want, from wherever they are, saves them a lot of time.
But what these customers generally seek for is the efficiency of delivery that a online retail store offers. Be it a ‘next day delivery’, ‘48 hours delivery’ or a ‘standard delivery within 7 days of order’, keep the delivery information absolutely clear. And if possible, give them the ability to choose their delivery date.
On the internet buying the best product is lots easier this days, even if you have no idea if you should get that product, just by reading what others are saying, the review, testimonial, etc will give you clew if you should go for it or not. In physical stores, it is impossible for a shopper to know what other customers are saying about the products.
6. Finest deals
Online buying provides you less costly deals and even discount codes that you could apply. You can pick save a lots if you understand what you’re doing. Ofcourse this can come true by shopping via coupon and deal sites.
In addition, online stores even have their very own “sales” or “clearance” sections to shop from, all geared towards saving you some money.
In a nutshell, overall key factors driving consumers to shop online are
- Shopping convenience
- Availability of products
- Easy To Compare
- Free shipping
- Time Saving
You don’t have to be a shopaholic to enjoy your shopping. But, of course, you’ll love to enjoy it hassle-free and conveniently. This is exactly what you can enjoy when shopping online. The products are displayed in varied categories and under one roof. You got to fill the cart and make the payment
5 Security Tips For Online Shopping
There are more reasons and advantages that shopping online brings to, and if you want to know, try and have your own experiences.
Online Shopping is certainly here to stay and online security continues to advance. Please Remember to follow these tips to keep online shopping a safe and secure.
- Ensure that you know the identity, location and contact details of the online retailer.
- Find out more about a company’s reputation.
- Find out about billing, guarantees and delivery before you buy.
- Always ensure any website you want to shop on carries the HTTPS prefix in the address bar
Advantages of Online Shopping
- Save time
- Save Energy
- Prices Comparision
- Privode 24/7 Service
- Easy to search merchandise you want to buy
Disadvantages Of Online Shopping
- Despite the convenience, not everyone chooses to purchase items and services online. Some people like the idea of physically going to a store and experiencing the shopping process. They like to touch the merchandise, try on clothing, and be around other people. Online shopping doesn’t permit shoppers to touch products, only product description and photos are shown.
- Other people may worry about shopping online because they fear their credit/debit card information will be compromised. Since it’s necessary to provide credit card information when purchasing products online, it is possible for individuals to become victims of identity theft. Using secure servers can help, but it’s no guarantee that credit information will remain private.
- Another reason some consumers avoid shopping online is the fact that they worry that the products they purchase are not accurately portrayed in the website’s picture or that they will be of lesser quality. It’s also impossible to try on apparel bought over the Internet, so a consumer has to rely on body measurements in order to make sure the clothing will fit properly. If the clothing arrives and it’s too small, it must be return back, which is a potential inconvenience that some shoppers may not wish to face.