Do you know Access Bank USSD codes are essential for executing quick banking transactions? While you learn all that in this guide
The cashless policy in Nigeria has come to stay, hence, the need to access banking services on the go is inevitable.
Ranging from transferring funds to buying airtime, paying bills, or applying for loans, all of which can be accessed easily with just a single code, the Access Bank transfer code which is *901#.
Since Access Bank came into the fore in 1989, it has grown to become one of the most highly loved and rated commercial banks in Nigeria and indeed one of the largest as well.
Besides, the Access Bank transfer code came to be through their innovative and technologically driven approach to banking services.
Indeed, the need and the benefits of using the Access Bank code are quite enormous and ever-expanding. With this code, you get to enjoy fast, convenient, and secure banking transactions.
With 24/7 availability and no internet or airtime requirements, you shouldn’t want to miss this and risk queuing for long hours at the bank.
Do you want to register for Access Bank USSD code service? If yes, this guide has got you covered!
Table of Contents
How To Register For Access Bank Ussd Code Service
Information Required To Register For Access Bank Code
To be able to use the Access Bank USSD code for your banking transactions, you will need the following information to be able to register:
- Your 10-digit Access Bank account number.
- The last 6 digits of your Access Bank debit/ATM card.
- The SIM is linked to your Access Bank account. This is usually the phone number you used to create the account.
With all that with you, you’re about to enjoy mobile banking!
How To Activate Acess Bank USSD Code Service
To activate your Access Bank USSD code, follow the outlined procedures below and ensure that you have all the previously listed requirements.
- Open your phone dialer and dial *901# using the phone number linked to your Access bank account.
- Click on option 2 (Transfer)
- You will then be required to enter the last 6 digits of your Access Bank debit/ATM card. However, if you don’t have an active debit card, you will be required to enter your Date of Birth.
- Next, enter your 10-digit Access bank account number.
- You will then be prompted to create a 4-digit PIN. Enter your preferred 4-digit PIN and confirm the entry in order to authorize the transaction.
With all that successfully done, your Access Bank USSD code has been activated and you can now use it to transfer money, buy airtime, or pay bills.
How To Setup Access Bank Transfer PIN
Your Access Bank transfer PIN is what you’ll use for all your banking operations, whether transfer or airtime purchases.
Your 4-digit PIN can be any number from 0 to 9. You can follow the previously outlined procedures above to create your PIN.
However, to change or reset your Access Bank transfer PIN:
- Using the phone number linked to your Access bank account, dial *901#
- Select option 4
- Enter the old transfer PIN
- Enter the new transfer PIN and confirm it.
With that, your Access Bank transfer PIN has been changed successfully!
How To Transfer Money Via Access Bank Transfer Code
No more long queues at the bank just to send money to your family and friends. With the Access Bank transfer code, you can do that easily in the comfort of your home.
To transfer money via the Access bank transfer code:
For transfers to another access bank account,
- dial *901*Amount* Recipient’s Account Number#
- Confirm the recipient’s details
- Enter your 4-digit transfer PIN and wait for the response via onscreen & SMS.
For transfers to other banks,
- dial *901*2*Amount*Recipient’s Account Number#
- Enter the recipient’s bank name from the list of banks displayed.
- Confirm the details and authenticate the transaction by entering your 4-digit security PIN.
In both transfers, you will receive a notification confirming the success of the transaction together with a debit alert SMS.
Sometimes, the debit alert may delay but if your transaction was said to be successful, then you’ve been debited and the alert may come later.
How To Deactivate Access Bank Transfer Code
In the case of your mobile transfer being compromised or your phone/SIM being stolen, you can secure your money by deactivating your mobile banking.
- Dial *901*911# from any phone number.
- Enter the registered phone number you wish to deactivate
With that, your USSD profile will be deactivated automatically.
List Of Access Bank Ussd Codes
Account balance inquiry
Airtime purchase for self
Airtime purchase for others (family and friends)
Funds transfer to Access Bank
*901*Amount*Recipient’s Account Number#
Funds transfer to other banks
*901*2*Amount*Recipient’s Account Number#
Mobile transfer deactivation
How To Use Access Bank Ussd Codes
It is one thing to know all these codes and another to know how to use them effectively and efficiently. So let’s discuss how to use the Access bank USSD code to access various services.
How To Use Access Bank USSD Code To Check Balance
- Pick up your phone and dial *901*00#
- Your account balance will then be sent to you, if successful.
- On the other hand, you can also check your balance by dialing *901*5#.
Any of them works just fine and does not require data or airtime.
How To Use Access Bank USSD Code To buy Airtime
- Simply dial *901*Amount# to purchase airtime for yourself. For example, *901*500# for ₦500 airtime regardless of the network.
- Dial *901*Amount*Phone Number# to buy airtime for others like your family and friends. For example, *901*1000# for a ₦1000 airtime top-up for someone.
Tips On How To Ensure The Security Of Your Transactions
The security of your mobile banking transactions is of utmost importance because like every other technology, hacking is quite possible with mobile banking.
However, you shouldn’t get worried because you can only get hacked when some bad actors can lay hands on some of your details, so let’s look at how you can secure your mobile banking.
- Password your phone and ensure is always locked
- Use a strong transfer PIN. Do not try using things like 1234, 1111, 2222, etc., of course, you’ll be tempted to use a code you can easily remember but at the same time, you’re risking the safety of your account.
- Do not disclose your transfer PIN to third parties
- Keep your BVN, debit/ATM card details, and your linked phone number, as safe as possible.
- In case of phone theft or loss, quickly dial *901*911# through any phone number to immediately deactivate your mobile banking (for more details on deactivation check the previous sections of this guide).
- Finally, never reveal your BVN or card details to anyone even if the person tells you he/she is calling from your bank. Rather, go to your bank and do it physically by yourself.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is Access Bank USSD code?
Access bank USSD code is a short code (*901#) that allows Access bank customers to perform banking transactions on their mobile phones any time of the day 24/7.
What is wrong with the Access bank’s USSD code?
Difficulties experienced with regard to the bank code could be due to the number of people doing transactions at that same time. Possibly, you should keep trying or reach out to Access bank customer care.
What transactions can I perform with the Access bank USSD code?
With the Access bank USSD code, customers can perform a variety of transactions, including checking account balances, transferring money to Access bank and other banks, buying airtime/data for self and others, paying bills, and opening an account.
How do I register for the Access bank USSD code?
To register for the Access bank USSD code, simply dial *901# from the phone number linked to your Access bank account and follow the on-screen prompts.
Is there a limit to the amount of money I can transfer with the Access bank USSD code?
Yes, there is a limit to the amount of money you can transfer with the Access bank USSD code. The daily limit for transfers is N100,000 for individual accounts and N1,000,000 for corporate accounts.
Is Access bank USSD code free?
No, there is a charge for using the Access bank USSD code. However, the charges are minimal and are usually deducted from your account balance. The exact charges may vary depending on the transaction and the network provider.
What do I do if I forget my Access bank USSD code PIN?
If you forget your Access bank USSD code PIN, simply dial *901#, select the option for “PIN Setup,” and follow the on-screen prompts to reset your PIN.
Is Access bank USSD code secure?
Access bank USSD code is secure and uses encryption to protect your transactions. However, it is important to keep your PIN and mobile phone safe to prevent unauthorized access to your account.
What do I do if I encounter issues with the Access bank USSD code?
If you encounter any issues with the Access bank USSD code, you can contact Access bank customer care for assistance. You can also visit any Access bank branch for further assistance.
Can I use the Access bank USSD code on any mobile phone?
Yes, the Access bank USSD code can be used on any mobile phone, regardless of the make or model. However, your mobile phone must be able to receive SMS messages and have a SIM card that is linked to your Access bank account.
How long does it take for transactions with Access bank USSD code to be processed?
Transactions with Access bank USSD code are processed in real-time and are usually completed within seconds. However, some transactions may take longer to process, especially if there are network issues or if the transaction is being processed outside of banking hours.
What do I do if I accidentally transfer money to the wrong account?
If you accidentally transfer money to the wrong account, contact Access bank customer care immediately for assistance. You can also visit any Access bank branch for further assistance.
Can I check my account balance with Access bank USSD code without an internet connection?
Yes, you can check your Access bank account balance with the USSD code without an internet connection. All you need is a mobile phone that can receive SMS messages and a SIM card that is linked to your Access bank account.
How do I deactivate the Access bank USSD code?
To deactivate the Access bank USSD code, simply dial *901*911# from the phone number linked to your Access bank account and follow the on-screen prompts.
Is there a limit to the number of transactions I can perform with the Access bank USSD code?
No, there is no limit to the number of transactions you can perform with the Access bank USSD code. However, there may be a daily limit to the amount of money you can transfer, depending on your account type and transaction history.
Can I use the Access bank USSD code outside Nigeria?
No, the Access bank USSD code can only be used within Nigeria. If you are traveling outside Nigeria, you may need to use other banking channels to access your account, such as the Access bank mobile app or internet banking.
- 7 Ways To Contact Access Bank Customer Care (2023)
- Access Bank Loan Code: Path to Payday Loans Without Collateral
- List of Gtbank Transfer Code (2023)
Save yourself the stress of long queues at banks and engage in mobile banking via the Access bank USSD code.
Moreover, everything you’ll ever need to have a smooth mobile banking experience has been discussed in this guide.
From how to transfer funds to how to check your Access Bank account balance, buy airtime/data, pay bills, apply for loans and so much more!
I believe that this guide has proven to be a great resource for your mobile banking experience with Access Bank.
BE A SMART SHOPPER
Get An Exclusive Coupons And Deal Digest In Your Inbox
Thank you for subscribing. Redirecting you to coupon offers
Something went wrong.