Do you know you can leverage six(6) methods to track MoneyGram on the go, learn more below
There is no doubt, receiving money sent from abroad just got easier with MoneyGram.
While enjoying the leisure of receiving funds, you also have the opportunity to send money to friends and family staying abroad.
In one way or the other, you may have come across MoneyGram and you may be wondering whether it is worth it.
MoneyGram is a money transfer services company that may not be that popular, but it is actually one of the largest in the business. It is available in more than 200 countries of the world.
So, how much do you know about MoneyGram? A good knowledge of it will help you to know how to make the best of it and of course; how to keep track of your MoneyGram transfer or money order.
Let’s briefly discuss how MoneyGram works.
Table of Contents
- Requesting Your Money Order Information
- View Your Transaction History
- Using A Reference Number
- Using the MoneyGram Website or App
- Using Email
- Contacting MoneyGram Customer Service
How MoneyGram Works
MoneyGram is a transfer services company that provides online and in person international money orders, and bill payments, amongst many other services.
MoneyGram offers several international payment options. It helps you to:
- Send money online
- Send money through the MoneyGram app
- Send in person at an agent location
- Start the transfer in the app and pay later at an agent location
Moreover, recipients of MoneyGram money orders also have the freedom of choosing a convenient way of receiving their money using:
Cash Pickup, Bank Account, Debit Card, Mobile wallets, Home delivery or Fast send options. These options however depend on the recipient’s location.
The fees and exchange rates you’ll be offered also depend on the type of payment you’re making, as well as the value and the destination country. These fees are discussed in detail in the later sections of this article.
The issue now is, how do you know that your money order has been cashed or deposited? Hence, the need to keep track of your MoneyGram transfer or money order.
Thus, whether you’re waiting on a MoneyGram order or you’re the one that sent the order to someone else, checking your order status is quite essential.
How To Track MoneyGram 2023
Keeping track of your MoneyGram money order or transfer is quite easy.
You can do this through any of the following ways:
1. Requesting Your Money Order Information
The money order serial number, an 11-digit number on the left side of the money order form just below the date, can be used to know your transaction status.
To track your MoneyGram money order using the serial number:
- Visit Moneygram’s official website
- Type in the serial number without including the letters, and then enter in the dollar amount also.
- Then click on “check status” and your transaction status will be displayed for you.
2. View Your Transaction History
You can also track your MoneyGram money order or transfer by viewing your transaction history. But first:
- Log in to your account via the MoneyGram official website.
- Click on “Transaction History” to view the order and also to check on its status.
3. Using A Reference Number
This is another great option to use in tracking your MoneyGram especially if you don’t have an account.
Since MoneyGram doesn’t necessarily require that you have an active account to use its services, a reference number helps you track your order.
- Visit MoneyGram’s official homepage and enter the reference or authorization number for the transaction.
- Type in your last name and send. That’s basically all there’s to it.
Note:. To know your reference number, if you’re the recipient, contact the person who is sending you the money. This number is on the receipt and also in the confirmation emails for online transfer.
4. Using the MoneyGram Website or App
Your MoneyGram transfer or money order status can also be known via their website and app. The process is quite simple and straight forward.
With their website or app, you can check your money order information online, view your transaction history, or use the reference number option.
Moreover, you can also submit a customer support request through MoneyGram’s website in order to track your money order.
5. Using Email
Your email can also be used to track your money order status.
MoneyGram usually give reports of transactions via email, thus, if the money order was successful, the sender will be notified via email.
Hence, to track your money order status, go through the series of emails sent by MoneyGram.
6. Contacting MoneyGram Customer Service
If all other previously outlined options didn’t work, the best option might just be to call MoneyGram customer service.
You can contact them using 1-800-542-3590.
Or better still, you can use the Live Chat on their website to talk to them
The reference or authorization number may be needed, including the exact amount.
How To Send And Receive Money With MoneyGram in Nigeria
With MoneyGram money order, you can send international payments. It works just like a personal check, but you wouldn’t need a bank account to use a money order.
MoneyGram allows you to send money internationally via:
- Online or
- In person
To send money using MoneyGram:
- Create an account or log in if you already have one.
- Enter the country you’re sending to, then the amount you want to send, including the recipient’s details. Note:. Ensure to use the recipient’s official legal full name, as they will be required to prove their identity when going to pick up the funds.
- Choose how the receiver wants to pick up their money – to a bank account or mobile wallet, or in cash.
- Fund the transfer either from your bank account or with a credit or debit card.
- Fill in your details (your date of birth and email address).
- Confirm and then send.
If you’re doing an in person transfer, find a MoneyGram agent location using the location tool on their website.
Endeavour to go there with your ID (Driver’s license or passport) and the cash that you want to send. The agent will provide the needed guidance in filling out your money order form.
To Receive Money With MoneyGram in Nigeria:
You can receive the money in person or in your bank account. The latter is available at GTbank.
To receive an in person payment:
- Find a MoneyGram agent location using the location tool on their website.
- Fill out the required form and enter the reference number sent by the sender
- Present your valid photo I.D. to the agent and receive your money.
Note:. In Nigeria, you are to receive your payment in US dollars.
Banks In Nigeria That Uses MoneyGram
Being one of the largest transfer services companies, MoneyGram partners with very many banks in Nigeria. They are:
Ecobank, Union Bank, Access, Fidelity, FCMB, Polaris Bank, Unity Bank, Wema Bank, Zenith Bank, First Bank, UBA, and GT Bank.
Hence, you can receive or send money using any of these banks in Nigeria.
MoneyGram Transfer Charges
Sending and receiving international funds has always been hindered by the high charges and transaction fees given by these monetary organizations.
MoneyGram charges for transactions also, but how are these charges compared to its competitors? Let’s briefly discuss this.
It is important to note that the fee for a transfer with MoneyGram is partially dependent on the amount you wish to transfer.
A flat fee of $5 fee is charged by MoneyGram to send funds between $1 to $49 and a flat fee of $11.50 is applicable to amounts between $50 and $499. Amounts of $500 and above is 2%.
NOTE: These fees also depend on the location of the recipient as well. However, recipients are rarely charged for receiving international funds.
- Top 10 Fintech Companies in Nigeria (2023)
- Discover Latest Oraimo Power Bank & Prices in Nigeria (2023)
- Union Bank Transfer Code: *826# How To Register & Use
Should I Go For MoneyGram Over Other Transfer Services?
To answer this question, one needs to consider a lot of factors, hence, the need to know the pros and cons of using MoneyGram.
Pros of MoneyGram include:
- Money transfers are readily available for pick up in minutes but may span up to 2 weeks depending on the recipient’s financial institution.
- Money can be sent to more than 200 countries.
- Money can be sent via multiple options; directly to a bank account or mobile wallet.
Cons of MoneyGram include:
- A $10,000 maximum for online transfers every 30 days.
- Fees vary depending on location, amount, and even the payment method.
A look at the pros and cons of MoneyGram will help you to decide whether to go for it or not.
BE A SMART SHOPPER
Get An Exclusive Coupons And Deal Digest In Your Inbox
Thank you for subscribing. Redirecting you to coupon offers
Something went wrong.