If you wonder how to make money online in Nigeria, you are in the right place
It is not out of place to seek easier ways to make money online in Nigeria in order to alleviate the inflation situation in the country right now.
Whether you’re looking at earning 6 figures monthly or you just want to make some passive income, this guide has got you covered!
Contrary to what you may see online these days, this guide will present to you some of the best & easy ways to genuinely make money online without stress even as a student.
In addition, you’ll also get to know how to start making money in any of the listed skills so that you know whether you can go about it or not.
Are you ready to earn money online? If you are, let’s go!
Please note that, before you allow procrastination to set in, these 10 major ways listed below on how to make money in Nigeria are proven to work and have made lots of people money beyond what you can measure.
Top 10 Proven Ways To Make Money Online in Nigeria
1. Affiliate Marketing
If you ever considered making money even while you sleep, then affiliate marketing is definitely your right pick.
As an affiliate marketer, you earn a commission for marketing or promoting another person’s products.
Usually, affiliate marketers make money online via a pay-per-sale, pay-per-lead, pay-per-click, or pay-per-install program. Depend on the one suitable for you and within reach in your country. For Nigerians, per sale is the top available option.
For instance, a product sells for NGN25,000, and for each successful sale, there is a commission of 8%. Let’s say the affiliate program resulted in 100 sales, then you’ll be smiling home with a whopping NGN200,000!
Affiliate marketing is indeed cool, you can work where and when you chose to. But the question remains, how exactly can you make money as an affiliate marketer?
Here are the best tips that can help you to start making money as an affiliate
How to make money as an affiliate marketer
Please remember, affiliate marketing is not a quick rich scheme, it takes time and effort to build a successful affiliate marketing business
- Choose a profitable niche: Identify a niche that has a demand for products or services that you can promote as an affiliate. The niche can be what you love and feel comfortable writing about
- Choose the right products: Go for a product in your chosen niche that has a successful track record and also aligns with your audience’s interests and needs and is of high quality.
- Choose a content platform: You simply need a platform to promote your affiliate offers. This can be a blog, a YouTube channel, or any social media site like Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, or Twitter.
- Join affiliate programs: Search for affiliate programs that offer products or services related to your chosen niche. Popular Affiliate platforms to join in Nigeria are, Jumia, WhoGoHost, Selar Affiliate Network or Expertnaira
- Create Content Around your niche: When you create valuable content that offers solutions to problems, answers questions or provides valuable information, it will attract potential customers and ofcourse click through to your affiliate offers.
- Promote your content: You can scale your affiliate content through SEO or Paid ads and other marketing strategies to drive traffic to your website or blog.
A freelancer is a self-employed worker who earns money by providing services usually to multiple clients on a per-job or per-task basis.
Freelancers make huge money online by offering in-demand skills like copywriting, content writing, video editing, web development, graphics designing, etc.
Research by Upwork revealed that 60% of freelancers who left a full-time job to become freelancers made more money than they did in their previous jobs.
Most freelancers earn as much as $100 to $200 for a single task! But how do you make money in a real sense as a Nigerian freelancer?
How To Make Money As A Freelancer
Choose a freelancing skill e.g copywriting or content writing, and then learn the ropes of the skill. Then go ahead to establish your portfolio and market yourself as well.
Please note that you need to be skilled or good in a particular field to engage in a freelance journey
Freelancers easily make money by:
- Joining freelance marketplaces like Upwork, Fiverr, Freelancer, People per hour, and the rest.
- Search for jobs on freelance job boards like Guru, Problogger, Blogging Pro, etc.
- Cold-pitching for jobs
In all, the best and easiest way to make good money through freelancing is by cold-pitching. In cold-pitching, you get to market yourself to businesses that might need your services rather than waiting for them to come to you.
3. Video Content Creation
Social Media is not only an entertainment platform, it is also an avenue to earn good money from posting videos and the likes.
You can actually make good money from the same social media that consumes so much of your data, simply through video content creation which is popularly called Video blogging or Vlog.
People make a whole lot of money by creating and monetizing on platforms like YouTube, Instagram, and even TikTok.
In fact, Forbes reported that MrBeast, one of YouTube’s richest video creators made as much as $54 million in just 2021 alone. If you want to earn cool money online, video content creation is your sure bet.
How To Make Money As A Video Content Creator
- Monetize your handle: whether it’s YouTube, Instagram, or TikTok, you can join their monetization program to start making money with every video you post on the platform, provided you meet the requirements.
- Affiliate partnership: As previously discussed, you can sell people’s products to earn commissions on sales made through your unique referral link.
- Your social media platform will give you the much-needed exposure to reach out to as many people as possible. So ensure to leverage it as well
- You can also make money by creating sponsored or paid content.
- Crowdfunding: Crowdfunding is a way to raise money from your fans to support your content creation by providing them with a donate button
- Consultancy: You can offer consultation for businesses or individuals with other video production needs and charge a fee for your services.
4. Online Tutoring
With online tutoring, you have the chance to make cool money online.
On average, online tutors made about $18.30 according to the data from an online tutoring site— Preply.
Through the internet, (virtual meeting place), online tutors help students do their homework and prepare for exams and the rest and in turn supplement their income
Online tutors get to work when and where they choose to; though their income depends on how many hours they’re willing to work.
To earn big via online tutoring, you may need to have certifications in certain subjects before you can be allowed to tutor on those subjects.
How to make money as an online tutor
- Identify your niche: Your niche can be your area of specialty. You simply need to know the exact subject you want to specialize on
- Set your rates: You can check with others what they are charging and set your rates accordingly. It is usually advisable you start with a lower rate to attract your first clients then adjust your rates as you gain experience and establish a reputation.
- Build a website: Building a website to showcase your experience, qualifications, and rates, as well as testimonials from satisfied clients is essential for long time success.
- Advertise your services: To scale your website reach you will need to promote your services whether by SEO, Social Media, or Paid Ads
- Join an online tutoring company: To further enhance your reach, you can join an online tutoring company such as Preply, Cambly, tutor.com, italki, studypool, etc., to find clients who are looking for tutors. This way, you’ll need not search for students, especially if the company is well-known.
- To scale further, you will need to provide excellent customer service by responding to emails and messages promptly, being patient with your students, and being willing to adjust your teaching style to meet their needs.
- Keep learning to keep up-to-date with the latest developments in your field.
In recent years, e-commerce in Nigeria has steadily been flourishing with the country being regarded as one of the biggest internet economies in Africa.
E-commerce is all about buying and selling goods and services over the internet. It may look challenging if you don’t have popularity but that shouldn’t be a problem.
If you don’t have the needed popularity, why not start by selling your products on big platforms like Jumia or Konga? That way, you have the opportunity for your business to reach as many people as possible.
How To Make Money With e-Commerce in Nigeria
- Register on e-commerce platforms such as Jumia, Konga, Jiji, and the like.
- Find a hot and in-demand product to sell
- If you don’t manufacture the products yourself, find a cheap source of these products to buy from
- If you can’t handle logistics, leverage deliveries companies
- List and start selling your products.
- Advertise your product to potential buyers
To have more sales, you can start promotional campaigns. Moreover, you can also engage in e-commerce training to bring you to terms with the needed skills of the trade.
6. Online Investment
Another sure way of making money online in Nigeria is through online investment platforms.
Online investment platforms give you the luxury to invest in any asset; whether agriculture, real estate, logistics, and even local and foreign stocks.
However, if you don’t want to take the risk of investment, you can as well start saving in high-yield savings platforms like Piggyvest, Cowrywise, etc.
The thing is, online investors especially real estate investors make huge sums of money. In fact, online investment is a legit quick way to ‘blow’.
To start online investment, you can research the platforms and the programs they offer, then you’ll know which one best suits you.
How To Make Money Through Savings & Investment
- Educate yourself: Educating yourself in different types of investments, risk tolerance, and portfolio diversification is key to a successful investment.
- Set your investment goals: Determine how much money you want to invest and set a timeframe. Do you want to earn passive income with your investment, grow your savings, or build a retirement fund?
- Determine your risk tolerance: Think about how much risk you are willing to take on. Generally, investments with higher potential returns come with higher risk.
- Choose your investment type: There are many different types of investments opportunity available, and knowing the one you want to go for is equally important. Popular types available are stocks, bonds, mutual funds, real estate, and more.
- Develop a diversified portfolio: Diversification can help reduce risk and potentially increase returns. This means investing in a mix of different types of assets, such as stocks, bonds, and real estate, as well as investing in different industries and geographies.
- Automate your savings: Set up automatic transfers from your account to your savings or investment accounts each month to avoid procrastination. This will make saving money a habit and help you reach your savings goals faster.
Blogging is a cool way of making good money online while sleeping
A blogger creates online content for readers. Basically, you can write about anything but it should be on topics that you’re knowledgeable in.
The sweet spot about blogging is that you have many options for monetizing your blog.
The presence of ChatGPT and other AI tools has made it even easier to get started in this industry
How To Make Money As A Blogger
- Buy a domain and hosting to start a blog
- Pick a niche that is in high demand but has little to no competition
- Learn the rope of SEO and Paid ads to help you drive traffic and scale faster
- Monetize your blog with an Ads agency: You can Monetize your blog with ad agencies like Google Adsense, Ezoic, Adsterra, PopAds, PropellerAds, etc.
- Affiliate marketing: You can also promote other people’s products on your website or blog so as to earn commissions (previously discussed).
- You can also share sponsored posts on your blog to make money.
- Direct advertising for individuals, businesses, or companies can also help you make extra income with your blog.
8. Digital Marketing
Digital marketing is one of the top recommended ways of making money online in Nigeria
In digital marketing, you promote people’s products using the internet with the sole aim of connecting them with potential consumers.
Digital marketing specializes in different forms such as SEO, social media marketing, content marketing, and Email marketing, among others
If you are good with any of the channels, you can indeed make money through various means online
How To Make Money Online Through Digital Marketing
- First, learn and research any of the forms of digital marketing that you want to go into. You can as well opt in for a training program.
- You can then reach out to businesses or brands. Better still, you can join digital marketing platforms like Hubspot, Inbounder, Pixlee, etc.
- As a digital marketer, you stand a chance to make money in diverse ways. You can start an affiliate shop, blog in your niche of choice, join freelance to render service, sell digital products, and even start a consulting firm
Digital marketing will always be in demand as businesses and companies always need to improve their online visibility as the world moves away from traditional marketing channels.
9. Web & App Development
As the world continues to go digital, digital marketing is also correspondingly increasing and so also is the demand for websites and Apps.
In fact, web and App development is an increasingly in-demand skill in the freelance world.
As a developer, you have diverse ways to earn money online.
How To Make Money Online As A Web and App Developer
Freelance web and App development is a very lucrative way to earn comfortably. You can make money by:
- Working for startup companies from the comfort of your home
- Create a website or app for individuals and corporate bodies
- Creating and selling website templates
- Offering web and App development courses online
- Offering your services on freelance marketplaces and job boards like Codeable, Fiverr, Upwork, Toptal, Upstack, Guru, etc. Web and App development is an in-demand skill on these platforms.
10. Graphics Design
Last on this list is making money online in Nigeria through graphic designing.
In today’s world, every company or business needs the services of a graphic designer.
A graphic designer creates impressive marketing materials and also effectively conveys the target message to the target audience.
Graphics designers earn money online by designing business logos, banners, flyers, etc.
To get started, you can learn the rope through Youtube or any other online tutorial
But getting started is easy, you might just need to learn how to use Photoshop or any other graphic design tools like Canva
How To Make Money As A Graphic Designer
- Specialize in a particular aspect of graphic
- Offer your services on freelance platforms like Fiverr, Upwork, and the rest.
- Create and sell templates and printables
- Sell online graphic design courses.
- Be a design consultant
- Sell customized branding packages
Rather than waiting for clients, you can actually reach out to them through cold-pitching.
- Top 10 Legit Sites To Make Money Online in Nigeria (2023)
- 13 Proven & Easy To Start Online Business That Pays in Nigeria (2023)
- 10 Legit Online Investment Platforms in Nigeria 2023
Making money online in Nigeria can be done in several ways as shown above.
But the key to real money-making still remains you.
You simply need to be determined to get started and never allow procrastination to set in
You have to be consistent and persistent.
The truth with online businesses is that patience needs to be applied
Learning is also key to every successful online venture
Checkout out any of the top listed ways to make money above and get started today
What Is your favorite way of making money online in Nigeria?
BE A SMART SHOPPER
Get An Exclusive Coupons And Deal Digest In Your Inbox
Thank you for subscribing. Redirecting you to coupon offers
Something went wrong.